THESE ARE KYVO'S INITIATIVES AS A NONPROFIT:
- Advocate to change the focus of suicide prevention to prevent suicide contemplation.
- Work with other organizations to promote the message of preventing suicide contemplation and to recognize current suicide prevention are supportive measures to assist those with suicidal thoughts and need to be promoted as such
- Extend the preventive measures of KYVO and other like-minded programs so the choice to live is the easier and better option
- Tailoring prevention to meet individual needs.
Provide Funding and Manpower to Research the Following:
- Measures that promote good mental health Measures that prevent mental illness
- . Measures for individuals with mental illness that will stop the episodic breaks in mental health cause by the illness
- To better understand the link between ADHD and Suicide
- Fundamentally change the mental health industry from being reactive treatment focus to proactive preventive care
- Force health care insurance to provide biannual mental health check ups
- Change the hearts and minds of people to differentiate between mental health- the state of mental and emotional health- mental disease- chronic mental health diagnosed conditions- and mental illness- episodic breaks in mental health with and without a mental disease so they will receive these check-ups.
- Eliminate the stigma of mental health care and mental illness –provide funding to promote PSAs to address these issues
- Raise awareness of the link between ADHD and Suicide and the associated risks especially in health care and in the mental health profession
Complete Research, Development and Affordable Availability the Following Programs:
- Coping on Campus
- Your Corner- A Tailored Program to Various Walks of Life
- Updating all programs as our research dictates
- Planning, implementing, and promoting fund raising programs to meet these initiatives
- Researching appropriate grant programs and writing proposals to receive this funding
- Maintaining and updating all social media and websites
- Programming that will allow for the creation and support of localized chapters across the nation
- Staying true to KYVO principles so they are not change by cooperation involvement or as a national charity.
It is Imperative that we remain as a Grassroots Movement of individuals and other like-minded nonprofit organizations working together to help people recognize that everyone has a role and responsibility in preventing suicide contemplation in themselves and each other.